- Borganes: Learn about Iceland's history with a visit to the fascinating Icelandic Settlement Centre with your Local Expert.
- Reykjavík: Explore the city with your Local Expert. See the old town centre, the parliament building, Höfði House, the colourful harbour and the Hallgrímskirkja.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Reykjavík: Witness nature's most spectacular show on earth - the Northern Lights.
- Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss: Admire the majestic beauty of these two impressive waterfalls.
- Gullfoss: See the spectacular two-tiered waterfall. This Icelandic equivalent of Niagara Falls drops a total of 32m (105 ft.), while spanning the entire width of the Hvítá River.
- Thingvellir: The Parliamentary Plains are the most important historic site of the country, as the meeting place of the Althing (world's oldest parliament), founded in 930 AD.
- Blue Lagoon: Enjoy a truly indulgent, once-in-a-lifetime experience at the most visited attraction in Iceland. Its geothermal seawater flows from volcanic aquifers 2,000 metres within the earth, emerging at the surface enriched with algae, silica, and minerals. With new-found friends, enjoy bathing in the lagoon in style, as you sip on a celebratory cocktail.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Hellisheiðavirkjun: Visit Iceland’s newest geothermal heat and electric power station.
- Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull: See these magnificent volcanoes.
- Geysir: Visit the famous spouting Geysir which has become synonymous with hot springs all around the world.
- Reykholt: Stop at this pretty village, home of poet and medieval scholar Snorri Sturluson.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Friðheimar: Tour a family-run farm and sample their sweet-tasting, homegrown tomatoes.
- Fontana: At a geothermal bakery, sample delicious rye bread dug hot from the ground.
- Included Quality Dining: 6 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 3 Three-course table d'hôte Dinners (D) with tea or coffee; plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD) with wine. Departure on tour for New Year's Eve will enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner which will replace an included meal.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Iceland Hotels: Insight handpicks hotels to consistently provide the best central and scenic locations. Hotels in Iceland are generally traditional and much simpler in style, typical of the region, with clean rooms and private facilities.
- Reykjavík: Inside Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura, you'll find a warm and inviting atmosphere, filled with thoughtful details inspired by the beautiful nature that surrounds the property.
- Vík: Located in the quaint village of Vík, the Icelandair Hotel offers elegantly fitted guest rooms, decorated with Icelandic design and inspired by the natural environment.
- Húsafell: Hótel Húsafell is located in an area rich in history and extraordinary natural wonders.
OUR FIVE-STAR SERVICES
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers from/to Reykjavík's Keflavík Airport are available at scheduled times, on arrival and departure days only. Should your flights not coincide with these, additional charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way to/from the airport.
ICELANDAIR HOTEL REYKJAVIK NATURA - 0 STAR
Reykjavik (Central) - Iceland
Inside Icelandair Hotel Reykjavík Natura, you'll find a warm and inviting atmosphere, filled with thoughtful details inspired by the beautiful nature that surrounds the property.
ICELANDAIR HOTEL VÍK - 0 STAR
Vik (Scenic) - Iceland
Located in the quaint village of Vík, the Icelandair Hotel offers elegantly fitted guest rooms, decorated with Icelandic design and inspired by the natural environment.
ICELANDAIR HOTEL FLUDIR - 0 STAR
Flúðir (Scenic) - Iceland
Close to three National Parks (Gullfoss, Geysire and Thingvellir), the Icelandair Hotel Flúðir is a comfortable hotel offering views of Midfell Mountain. All rooms have a patio with garden access.
HOTEL HUSAFELL - 0 STAR
Húsafell (Scenic) - Iceland
Hótel Húsafell is located in an area rich in history and extraordinary natural wonders.